Monday, March 5, 2012

Overwhelm or Divine Discontent?

Overwhelm. What does that mean? It feels like I am overpowered by the things I have to do, while wanting to relax or do other, more fun things. Overwhelm, very often, comes along around the work I do, but I’ve noticed lately that it can also engulf me at home.

Sometimes at home, I actually see all that needs to be done and I become stuck in the overwhelm, doing nothing rather than taking action. Like the garage, for instance. There are so many boxes of things I need to go through, sorting them into categories such as Give Away, Throw Away, Store, Sell, or whatever other category I can think of. Sigh. It seems like such a daunting task, but what if I just did 15 minutes of Garage Time every day? Eventually it would be done and there would be space to park both cars! What a concept!

Perhaps the overwhelm has to do with my current weight and how I’ve been feeling. I’m concerned that my energy level is low, my weight has crept up again, and I’m not sure where to begin. See a Naturopath? Do a Juice Fast? Begin walking again? This is a perfect example of being stuck in overwhelm. So far I haven’t done any of these things.

The blessing here is that I am seeing patterns that have come up for healing. Perhaps the overwhelm isn’t in all the aforementioned details, but rather a message of Divine Discontent – that something needs to change in my thinking so that I can change these patterns and live in peace and contentment. I like that.

I think I’ll go take a 15 minute walk, just to get started.

1 comment:

  1. I am, for sure, my Mother's daughter. I often feel this same sense of overwhelm and allow it to stop me in my tracks. Then I realized that if I just pick somewhere to start I eventually get it all done. Most of the time I get it done quicker then I thought it would take, as well.

    Hope you had a great walk!

    ReplyDelete